Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BLACK WIDOW PUBLISHED IN MIDNIGHT ECHO


ARTIST STATEMENT
' My favorite theme is Woman Personified -'A GODDESS ' .
Encapsulating her nature of both ethereal and evil is my quest.
'Black Widow' portrays a state of mind of a woman's sexual and feminine power over a man, abuse of that power is at her own discretion.
Vesna Maksimovic
http://vesna-art.blogspot.com/

'Black Widow'
Oil on Linen
50cmx70cm




OH MY...I must be on a roll this week, my 'Black Widow" will be published in Midnight Echo Magazine as a FULL PAGE black and white image, with my small statement underneath in the upcoming April Issue. I'll post all the links once I know more details-its another WOW !!!

8 comments:

Pencil Sanity said...

Wow, you are on a roll. Way to go and Congrats to you. I like the way you captured her and the man beneath the tree. Nice!

Vesna Designs said...

Thank you Maria...yeah, this week has been a big one for me with getting into print.
Lets pretend that this particular painting was not conceved in my head on the day my husband pissed me off LOL...lucky for him I'm not this evil :)

PERUGINA ART said...

Vesna, I see there is much to be celebrating here. I am so very happy for you!!!! Congratulations once again. This must be so motivating!!!
Keep us posted!

Vesna Designs said...

Hallo darling...so good to hear from you, are you back on line, yeah it has been a busy couple of weeks full of wonderful excitement for me, glad to share it with you!!!

Morgaine said...

Congratulations Vesna! great painting, I love all your work.

Vesna Designs said...

Hi Morgain, thank you...I feel the same about your work, I love all your work too!!!

Trost said...

Congrats on your Midnight Echo #2 artwork acceptance. My short story 'The Ritual' will be included in the magazine too. All the best with your future projects.

Vesna said...

Hi Tros, how wonderful of you to stop by - and congratulations on your story 'The Ritual" being published too, I'll look out for it now and look forwards to reading as well :)